- Realistic patient cases simulate the professional coding experience by using actual medical records (with personal patient details changed or removed), allowing you to practice coding with advanced material.
- Dual coding addresses the transition to ICD-10 by providing coding answers for both ICD-9 and ICD-10.
- UNIQUE! Evaluation and Management (E/M) Audit Forms, developed to determine the correct E/M codes, simplify the coding process and help to ensure accuracy.
- Auditing cases prepare you to assign correct codes to complicated records, as well as audit records for accuracy.
- From the Trenches boxes highlight the experiences of real-life medical coders and provide practical tips, advice, and encouragement.
- UNIQUE! Netter anatomy plates in each chapter help you understand anatomy and how it affects coding.
- More than 160 full-color illustrations depict and clarify advanced concepts.
4. Pathology and Laboratory
5. Integumentary System
6. Cardiovascular System
7. Digestive System, Hemic/Lymphatic System, and Mediastinum/Diaphragm
8. Musculoskeletal System
9. Respiratory System
10. Urinary, Male Genital, and Endocrine Systems
11. Female Genital System and Maternity Care/Delivery
12. Nervous System
13. Eye and Auditory Systems
Appendix A: E/M Audit Forms
Appendix B: CMS AB-01-44
Appendix C: Resources
Appendix D: Abbreviations
Appendix E: Answers to every other case