* Covers 5 million years in the uninterrupted history of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego
* Comprehensive coverage of the region written by highly qualified Argentine scientists and scholars
Table of Contents
- 1. Preface. 2. Calvin John Heusser. 3. The physical geography of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. 4. Tectonic evolution of the Patagonian Andes. 5. Neotectonics, seismology and paleoseismology. 6. Plate cenozoic quaternary volcanism in Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. 7. Late cenozoic paleomagnetic studies in Patagonia. 8. Late Cenozoic glaciations in Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. 9. The late cenozoic fluvial deposits of Argentine Patagonia. 10. Coastal geology and morphology of Patagonia and the Fuegian archipelago. 11. Late Pleistocene environmental change in East Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego – a limnogeological approach. 12. Geocryology of Southern South America. 13. Neogene vertebrates from Patagonia (Argentina); their relationship with the most significant climatic changes. 14. Late cenozoic invertrebrate paleontology of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego, with emphasis on molluscs. 15. Calcareous microfossils (foraminifera and ostracoda) of the late cenozoic from Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego: a review. 16. Late Miocene continental and marine palynological assemblages from Patagonia. 17. Quaternary vegetation and climate of Patagonia. 18. Late- and postglacial paleoenvironments of Tierra del Fuego: Terrestrial and marine palynological evidence. 19. Diatoms from Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. 20. Quaterary fossil insects from Patagonia. 21. Understanding climate from Patagonian Tree rings. 22. Archeological Hunter-Gatherer landscapes since the latest Pleistocene in Fuego-Patagonia. 23. Late cenozoic mineral resources of Argentine Patagonia. 24. Late cenozoic geohydrology of extra-Andean Patagonia.
- No. of pages: 524
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2008
- Published: June 17, 2008
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080558899
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Late Cenozoic of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego"