* Gives up-to-date illustration of the application of these techniques to typical systems of interest
* Contains extensive appendices including derivations, equations to be used in practice and elementary computer codes
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Background, Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics.
Chapter 2. The Equation of Motion for a Typical Particle at Equilibrium – The Mori-Zwanzig Approach.
Chapter 3. Approximate Methods to Calculate Correlation Functions and Mori-Zwanzig Memory Functions.
Chapter 4. The Generalised Langevin Equation in Non-Equilibrium.
Chapter 5. The Langevin Equation and The Brownian Limit.
Chapter 6. Langevin and Generalised Langevin Dynamics.
Chapter 7. Brownian Dynamics.
Chapter 8. Polymer Dynamics.
Chapter 9. Theories Based on Distribution. Functions, Master Equations and Stochastic Equations.
Chapter 10. An Overview.
- No. of pages: 320
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2006
- Published: December 11, 2006
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444521293
- eBook ISBN: 9780080467924
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Langevin and Generalised Langevin Approach to the Dynamics of Atomic, Polymeric and Colloidal Systems"