- The first book to provide a comprehensive overview of the world potato trade
- Covers everything from the history of the potato through to plant types and uses, production, consumption and demand to pricing
- Analyses the trade in fresh potatoes, frozen potatoes, seed potatoes and the fast-food, snack food and dehydrated potato industries
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Introduction: History and background; Potato properties, types and use. Part 2 Economics of the global potato economy: Supply; Demand; Prices. Part 3 The trade: Fresh potato trade; Frozen potato trade; Seed potato trade; Other potato trade; The marketing chain. Part 4 Key issues for the future: Technology issues; Market issues.
- No. of pages: 312
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2001
- Published: November 1, 2001
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781855738843
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The International Potato Industry"