Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Current Scenarios of sustainable chemistry in Textile Applications
Tahsin Gulzar, Tahir Farooq, Shumaila Kiran, Ikram Ahmad, Arruje Hameed
2. Sustainable colorants
3. Metal mordants and Biomordants
Ozlenen Erdem İşmal
4. Sustainable Cyclodextrin in Textile Applications
5. Chitin and Chitosan
Anahita Rouhani Shirvan, Mina Shakeri and Azadeh Bashari
6. Sustainable textile chemical processing using Enzymes
7. The Sonochemical Functionalization of Textiles
8. Non-thermal plasma: a promising green technology to improve environmental performance of textile Industries
9. Textile finishing with biomacromolecules: a low environmental impact approach in flame retardancy
10. Antimicrobial Textiles
11. Insect repellent textiles using green and sustainable approaches
12. UV Protective Textiles
Azadeh Bashari, Mina Shakeri and Anahita Rouhani Shirvan
13. Treatment Technologies in Textile Industry Effluent
14. Application of chitosan derivatives as promising adsorbents for treatment of textile wastewater
15. Recent Advances in Remediation of Synthetic Dyes from Wastewaters using Sustainable and Low Cost Adsorbent
Saif Ali Chaudhry Sr.
16. Treatment of industrial dyes using chitosan-supported nanocomposite adsorbents
Md. Shahadat I
The Impact and Prospects of Green Chemistry for Textile Technology provides a review and summary of the role of green chemistry in textiles, including the use of green agents and sustainable technologies in different textile applications. The book systematically covers the history and chemistry of eco-friendly colorants, chitin, chitosan, cyclodextrin, biomordants, antimicrobial, UV protective, flame retardant, insect repellant textiles, and advanced pre- and post- treatment technologies, such as the sonochemistry and plasma methods currently employed in functional modifications. The book also pays attention to the remediation of textile effluents using novel, sustainable and inexpensive adsorbents.
Written by high profile contributors with many years of experience in textile technology, the book gives engineers and materials scientists in the textile industry the information they need to effectively deploy these green technologies and processes.
- Introduces green chemistry and sustainable technologies, and explores their role in different textile applications
- Examines the use of renewable materials, such as biopolymers, dyes and pigments, biomordants, polyphenols and plant extracts in functional finishing applications
- Deals the functional modification of textiles using state-of-the-art biotechnology and nanotechnology
Academic and industrial researchers (materials scientists) working in the fields of dye and pigments, textile engineering, polymers, and sustainable chemistry related to textiles
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 5th November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"Written by high profile contribution with many years' of experience in textile technology, this book provides engineers and materials scientists in the textile industry the information they need to effectively deploy these green technologies and processes-reducing consumption of toxic and hazardous chemicals, making processes more efficient, and exploring entirely new applications." -Asian Textile Journal
Shahid-ul-Islam is a researcher (DST-SERB NPDF) at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. His research focuses on novel sustainable textile chemical processing, natural product chemistry, thermodynamics and kinetics of colorants, in-situ synthesis of nano particles and composites, and development of protective textiles. He has an impressive publication track record and has produced several international books on material science, nanomaterials and advanced functional textiles. He is a member of many groups including American Chemical Society (USA) and a life member of Asian Polymer Association.
DST-SERB National Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Textile Technology, IIT Delhi, India
Bhupendra Singh Butola is an associate professor at the department of textile technology, IIT Delhi. His research interests include functionalization of textiles with metal oxides, use of shear thickening fluids for improving the impact performance of ballistic textiles, polymeric nanocomposites and smart colorants
Associate Professor, Department of Textile Technology, IIT Delhi, India