- Describes recent reviews on the structure and function of immunoglobulin molecules of various species
- Summarizes in detail recent findings on the fine structure of the antigen-combining site
- Presents comparative data on the antigen-recognizing sites of other molecules such as MHC proteins and T-cell receptors
- Summarizes growing data on immunoglobulin binding sites responsible for the reaction of immunoglobulins with molecules other than antigens
- Explores the rapid advance of recent biotechnological methods used for the construction of antibody molecules and their fragments with new properties
- Presents extensive references and is lavishly illustrated
Table of Contents
General Characteristics of Immunoglobulin Molecules: Immunoglobulin Classes.
Heterogeneity of Immunoglobulins.
Detection and Isolation of Immunoglobulins.
Proteolytic and Chemical Fragments of Immunoglobulins.
Immunoglobulin Peptide Chains.
Additional Peptide Chains.
Immunoglobulin Fold (Domain).
Carbohydrate Components of Immunoglobulins.
Animal and Human Immunoglobulins:
Origin of Antibody Diversity in Mice and Humans.
Engineering Antibody Molecules:
Problems of Serum Immunotherapy.
Chimeric Antibody Molecules and Humanization.
Minimal Antibody Fragment (Fv).
Production of Human Monoclonal Antibodies by Page-Display and Transgene Technologies.
Engineering of Immunoglobulins with Novel Properties.
Polymerization of IgG Molecules and Their Fragments.
Conformational Changes Linked with Antigen Binding.
Complex of VH of Camelid Heavy Chain Antibodies with Antigen.
Interaction of an Autoantibody (Rheumatoid Factor) with Fcg.
Structural Aspects of Antibody Specificity.
Modeling Antibody-Combining Sites.
Structural Aspects of Catalytic Antibody Activity.
Antigen-Recognizing Molecules Other Than Antibodies:
T-Cell Antigen Receptor.
Proteins of Major Histocompatibility Complex.
Complexes of T-Cell Receptor and Peptide-MHC.
Natural Killer Cell Inhibitory Receptors.
Comparison of Antigen Binding by Various Antigen-Recognizing Molecules.
Interactions Outside the Antigen-Combining Site:
Fc Receptor-Binding Sites.
Proteins Reacting with the Fc Portion.
Proteins Reacting with the Fab Portion.
Bacterial Immunoglobulin-Binding Proteins.
Segmental Movements of Immunoglobulin Molecules:
Functional Aspects of Segmental Flexibility.
- No. of pages: 269
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1998
- Published: April 23, 1998
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080534527
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Immunoglobulins"