- Introduction to the Nervous System
2. Development of the Nervous System
3. Gross Anatomy and General Organization of the Central Nervous System
4. Meningeal Coverings of the Brain and Spinal Cord
5. Ventricles and Cerebrospinal Fluid
6. Blood Supply of the Brain
7. Electrical Signaling by Neurons
8. Synaptic Transmissions Between Neurons
9. Sensory Receptors and the Peripheral Nervous System
10. Spinal Cord
11. Organization of the Brain Stem
12. Cranial Nerves and their Nuclei
13. The Chemical Senses of Taste and Smell
14. Hearing and Balance: The Eighth Cranial Nerve
15. Atlas of the Human Brainstem
16. The Thalmus and Internal Capsule: Getting to and From the Cerebral Cortex
17. The Visual System
18. Overview of Motor System
19. Basal Ganglia
21. Control of Eye Movements
22. Cerebral Cortex
23. Drives, Emotions, and Memories: The Hypothalmus and Limbic System
24. Formation, Modification and Repair of Connections
25. Atlas of the human Forebrain
Already known as the reference of choice for expert coverage on the structure and function of the human brain and the nervous system, Nolte’s The Human Brain continues to impress with essential updates throughout this new edition. It includes a new chapter on formation, modification, and repair of connections, with coverage of learning and memory, as well as the coming revolution of ways to fix damaged nervous systems, trophic factors, stem cells, and more. 550 full-color illustrations—more than 650 in all—support the text and depict every nuance of brain function. But, best of all, your purchase now includes access to the entire contents online, including all of the book’s illustrations, video clips, and additional software, plus many other exclusive features at www.studentconsult.com.
- Features a single-authored approach for a more consistent, readable text.
- Discusses all key topics in functional neuroanatomy and neuroscience, giving you well-rounded coverage of this complex subject.
- Includes clinical examples throughout for a real-life perspective.
- Uses summary statement headings that speed you to the information you need.
- Presents chapter outlines that encourage you to stay organized and focused.
- Incorporates 3-dimensional brain images and more than 650 illustrations that add increased visual clarity and a greater understanding of every concept.
- Includes a glossary of key terms that elucidates every part of the text.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2009
- 22nd July 2008
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"The illustrations were excellent and did add to the readability and understanding of the content. The manner with which the author tried to involve the reader with the content was also very good. It is a very well-presented book, and published and printed to a very high standard."
BMA Book Awards 2009 - judges comments
Division of Academic Resources, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ Professor of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ