Using colorful cartoons, humorous illustrations, and an easy-to-read approach, The Human Body in Health and Illness, 5th Edition makes it fun to learn anatomy & physiology. Step-by-step explanations, clever features, and clinical examples simplify A&P concepts and relate A&P to the real world. Organized by body system, this book shows how each organ is structurally designed to perform specific physiological tasks while demonstrating what happens to the body when a system does not function properly. Written by well-known author and educator Barbara Herlihy, The Human Body in Health and Illness makes A&P concepts easy to understand even if you have a limited background in the sciences.
- Full-color illustrations simplify difficult concepts and complex processes.
- Colorful cartoons use humor to clarify and reinforce the content, making it more memorable, accessible, and reader-friendly.
- Interesting analogies and examples make learning easier, especially if you’re studying A&P for the first time.
- Key terms and objectives are listed at the beginning of every chapter, setting learning expectations and goals, with terms defined in a comprehensive glossary.
- Did You Know boxes include brief vignettes describing clinical scenarios or historical events related to A&P.
- Review tools include chapter summaries, Review Your Knowledge questions, and Go Figure! questions relating to figures and diagrams.
1. Introduction to the Human Body
2. Basic Chemistry
4. Cell Metabolism
5. Microbiology Basics
6. Tissues and Membranes
7. Integumentary System and Body Temperature
8. Skeletal System
9. Muscular System
10. Nervous System: Nervous Tissue and Brain
11. Nervous System: Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerves
12. Autonomic Nervous System
13. Sensory System
14. Endocrine System
16. Anatomy of the Heart
17. Function of the Heart
18. Anatomy of the Blood Vessels
19. Functions of the Blood Vessels
20. Lymphatic System
21. Immune System
22. Respiratory System
23. Digestive System
24. Urinary System
25. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
26. Reproductive Systems
27. Human Development and Heredity
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 4th December 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor, University of the Incarnate Word, School of Nursing and Health Professions, San Antonio, TX