- A straightforward, conversational writing style clearly explains difficult anatomic and physiologic terminology and principles.
- Quick Check questions, Critical Thinking Challenges, case studies, chapter tests, and more provide helpful review and self-assessment opportunities at the end of each chapter.
- Health and Well-Being boxes reinforce the basic concepts of human structure and function by applying them to current problems in public health, athletics, and fitness.
- Clinical Applications demonstrate how disease affects normal function as well as how therapies can restore normal function.
- Research, Issues, and Trends boxes focus on the dynamic fields of science, technology, and ethics underlying modern concerns in human biology.
- Science Applications examine career paths by exploring the work of influential figures in the history of science.
- Chapter outlines introduce each chapter and allow you to focus on the most important themes and concepts.
- Chapter objectives identify key goals and highlight the information you should master in each chapter.
- © Mosby 2010
- 16th March 2009
- eBook ISBN:
Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI
Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO