Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Future of Effluent Treatment Plants: Biological Treatment Systems is an advanced and updated version of existing biological technologies that includes their limitations, challenges, and potential application to remove chemical oxygen demand (COD), refractory chemical oxygen demand, biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), color removal and environmental pollutants through advancements in microbial bioremediation. The book introduces new trends and advances in environmental bioremediation with thorough discussions of recent developments. In addition, it illustrates that the application of these new emerging innovative technologies can lead to energy savings and resource recovery.
The importance of respiration, nitrogen mineralization, nitrification, denitrification and biological phosphorus removal processes in the development of a fruitful and applicable solution for the removal of toxic pollutants from wastewater treatment plants is highlighted. Equally important is the knowledge and theoretical modeling of water movement through wastewater ecosystems. Finally, emphasis is given to the function of constructed wetlands and activated sludge processes.
- Considers different types of industrial wastewater
- Focuses on biological wastewater treatments
- Introduces new trends in bioremediation
- Addresses the future of WWTPs
Engineers, scientists who require an excellent introduction and basic knowledge to the principles of waste water treatment technologies. Different professionals, managers working or interested in the Water treatment microbiology field
1. Applied and Innovative Approach of Wastewater Treatment
Laila Abdel moneim Farahat
2. Removal of Toxic Contaminants and Path Ahead Amidst Challenges
V. P. Sharma Sr.
3. Perspectives of biological bacteriophage-based tools for wastewater systems monitoring and sanitary control
4. Metagenomic analysis of wastewater microbiome signature: Methods, challenges and their application in wastewater treatment
5. Biofilm formation, problems and diseases: Methods for film irradication , a nanostructured material based approach
6. Treatment of Industrial Waste water through new approaches using Algae biomass
7. Microbial Electrosynthesis: carbon dioxide sequestration via bioelectrochemical system
8. Environmental challenge of the vinasses: fungi-based biological treatment systems
Verónica Leticia Colin
9. Microalgal waste water treatment technologies
10. Microbiological wastewater treatment
11. Electrochemical and Electroanalytical Techniques for Detection and Removal of special class of Pesticides
12. Photo Catalytic degradation of dyes in textile effluent: a green approach to eradicate environmental Pollution
13. Carbon Nanocomposites for Wastewater Treatment
Senthil Kumar Ponnusamy
14. Wastewater biodegradability: selection of a treatment technology
Senthil Kumar Ponnusamy
15. Bioremediation of Soils Polluted with Hexavalent Chromium using Bacteria
Anoar A. Khan Sr.
16. Renewable value-added bio-metabolites and energy recovery from waste activated sludge biorefinery
17. Microbial electrochemical systems for wastewater treatment
18. Physico-Chemical and Biological Treatment of Textile Waste Water
19. Nanotechnology for water processing
20. Microbial remediation of hexavalent chromium
21. Sustainable bioremediation of radionuclide from wastewater: recent trends and bottlenecks
22. Recent advancements and challenges in the field of nanotechnology for wastewater treatment recycle and reuse
23. ANAMMOX technology for food industry nitrogenous wastewater treatment
24. Treatment of Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products in Wastewater
25. Application of molecular biological tools to monitor process efficiency
Dr. Hiren Patel
26. Biological treatment of mining and metallurgical wastewater on the context of metal recovery
27. Potentials and Performance of Biological Processes for Treatment of Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products in Wastewater
Mustafa Taher and Sama A. Al-Mutwalli
28. Treatment of textile wastewater
29. Removal of Ammonium from Aqueous Solution by using Dried Longan Peel as a Low-cost Absorbent
30. Microbial remediation and Detoxification of Heavy Metals by Plants and Microbes
31. Exploring the Dynamics of Microalgal Diversity in High Rate Algal Ponds
32. Diverse processes for the treatment of textile wastewater
33. Nanotechnology and water processing: a review
Elijah Adegoke Adebayo
34. Broad spectrum application of nanotechnology for wastewater treatment
35. Nanotitanium photocatalytic technology in wastewater treatment
George Z. Kyzas
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st May 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Maulin P. Shah (male), currently senior Environmental Microbiologist in Environmental Microbiology Lab at Bharuch, India. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification and Genetic Engineering of high impact of Microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials. He has edited 70 books with RSC, Wiley, Elsevier, Springer, CRC Press, De Gruyter, Nova Sciences in the area of Wastewater Microbiology. He is associated as Editorial Board member in more than 160 journals including Elsevier, Wiley, Springer, Taylor & Franscis, RSC. He has published 380 research papers in various journals.
Senior Environmental Microbiologist, Environmental Microbiology Lab, Bharuch, India
Susana Rodríguez-Couto (female) got her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Chemistry (Industrial Chemistry) from the University of Santiago de Compostela in 1992 and her Ph.D. in Chemistry in 1999 from the University of Vigo, obtaining the maximal grade (magna cum laude) and, in addition, she was awarded with the Extraordinary Prize for Doctoral Thesis in Chemistry. She worked as an Associate Professor and an Isidro Parga Pondal Senior Researcher at the University of Vigo (2000-2004), as a Ramón y Cajal Senior Researcher at Rovira i Virgili University (2004-2008) and as an Ikerbasque Research Professor (2009-2019). She has also worked as an Invited Researcher at the Institute from Environmental Biotechnology, Graz University of Technology (Austria) and at the Department of Biological Engineering, University of Minho (Portugal). In 2008, she received the I3 Professor from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education to the recognition of an outstanding research activity. In March 2021 she is joining LUT School of Engineering Science at Mikkeli, Finland, as a Full Professor in biological water treatment. She has published more than 140 articles in highly reputed international journals (h index 42). She is editor of several journals (3Biotech, Frontiers) and 14 Elsevier books.
Department of Separation Science, LUT School of Engineering Science, LUT University, Mikkeli, Finland
Kavit Mehta has acquired Ph.D. (Biotechnology), CSIR-UGC NET (Life- Science), GSET (Life Science) and GATE (Biotechnology). He had More than ten years of Teaching & Research experience. Currently completed two Grass root Innovation Research Project funded by BIRAC, Government of India.
Collaboration Research Project, NIHR, Government of India, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.