- Covers a full range of topics in equine medicine, including infectious diseases, all major organs and systems, intensive care, nutrition, and much more.
- Designed to assist with the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and control of diseases and disorders in horses.
- Provides quick and easy access to practical solutions for clinical conditions.
- Comprehensively indexed and cross-referenced.
List of Contributors
1. Infectious Diseases
2. The Immune System
3. Equine Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases
4. Toxicology and Pharmacology
5. The Skin
6. The Ear, Nose and Throat
7. The Lower Respiratory Tract
8. The Cardiovascular System
9. The Hemolymphatic System
10. The Gastrointestinal and Digestive System
11. The Endocrine System
12. The Urinary System
13. The Stallion and Mare Reproductive System
15. The Musculoskeletal System
16. Performance-related Problems and Exercise Physiology
17. The Nervous System
22. Fundamentals of the Equine Pre-purchase Examination
23. Intensive Care Medicine
Glossary of Abbreviations