This second edition of the popular resource serves as a ready reference for equine practitioners. It provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of equine medicine and many surgical conditions. It is a hands-on, user-friendly text aimed at the busy practitioner, veterinary students, specialist equine technicians and others with an interest in horse health. Covers new topics, including intensive care, the pre-purchase examination, equine behavior, and anesthesia (including euthanasia).
- Covers a full range of topics in equine medicine, including infectious diseases, all major organs and systems, intensive care, nutrition, and much more.
- Designed to assist with the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and control of diseases and disorders in horses.
- Provides quick and easy access to practical solutions for clinical conditions.
- Comprehensively indexed and cross-referenced.
List of Tables
List of Contributors
1. Infectious Diseases
2. The Immune System
3. Equine Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases
4. Toxicology and Pharmacology
5. The Skin
6. The Ear, Nose and Throat
7. The Lower Respiratory Tract
8. The Cardiovascular System
9. The Hemolymphatic System
10. The Gastrointestinal and Digestive System
11. The Endocrine System
12. The Urinary System
13. The Stallion and Mare Reproductive System
15. The Musculoskeletal System
16. Performance-related Problems and Exercise Physiology
17. The Nervous System
22. Fundamentals of the Equine Pre-purchase Examination
23. Intensive Care Medicine
Glossary of Abbreviations
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders Ltd. 2006
- 7th December 2005
- Saunders Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Editor, The Veterinary Journal, Editorial Office, The Animal Health Trust
Surgical and Radiological Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, University of California