- Comprehensive literature-based summary of the current state of molecular Alzheimer’s disease research
- Details the shortcomings of the prevailing model and therapeutics in development
- Reviews blood-based biomarkers for Alzheimer’s and their link to amyloid- and Tau-independent causes outside the brain
- Describes the tissues outside the brain impacted by Alzheimer’s and the underlying molecular causes
- Explains the whole-body risks associated with Alzheimer’s, along with concomitant measures to slow or prevent the disease
- Provides a protocol to properly research, evaluate, measure, diagnose, and potentially treat Alzheimer’s patients
Table of Contents
1. Is it Alzheimer’s?
2. The Amyloid Cascade Hypothesis
3. Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s
4. Molecular Causes and Research
5. Can Medicine Save You?
6. A New Diagnostic Paradigm – The Molecular Eye
7. Inflammation – Friend or Foe?
8. Alzheimer’s Beyond the Brain – Molecular Research in the Body
9. Does Infection Cause Alzheimer’s?
10. Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention
11. Differential Diagnosis toward a Cure for Alzheimer’s
1: Signs, symptoms, and stages of Alzheimer’s
2: Alzheimer’s Research at the Cellular Level
3: Concept of a Medical "Cure"
4: Alzheimer’s Disease Statistics
5: Eye and Whole Body Diseases
- No. of pages: 482
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2017
- Published: May 12, 2017
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128121122
- eBook ISBN: 9780128121139