Get hands-on practice with entering data into the Electronic Health Record! The Electronic Health Record for the Physician’s Office, 2nd Edition uses online simulations to walk you through each EHR task. Clear, step-by-step guidelines simplify the exercises in each simulation, so you learn all the EHR skills required of a medical office professional. This edition adds in-depth review and preparation for the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) examination. Written by Medical Assisting educator Julie Pepper, this how-to manual helps you master the administrative, clinical, and billing/coding skills you need to gain certification and succeed on the job. Access to SimChart for the Medical Office sold separately.
- Use of SimChart for the Medical Office (SCMO) for all EHR/practice management applications makes it easier to learn and apply EHR fundamentals.
- Realistic, hands-on practice helps you develop EHR skills including implementation, HIPAA compliance, troubleshooting, and submitting claims for reimbursement.
- Safe learning environment allows you to learn and practice tasks without fear of making a mistake affecting real patients.
- A guided tour through SCMO shows how to use the online simulations and practice EHR tasks.
- Application exercises in the appendix cover administrative, clinical, and insurance/billing, allowing you to practice the skills learned in the text.
- Student learning resources on the Evolve companion website include form upload, cases, additional insurance cards, and patient information forms, all providing additional practice.
- Introduction to Electronic Health Records
2. Overview of SimChart® for the Medical Office
3. Privacy, Confidentiality, and Security
4. Administrative Use of the Electronic Health Record Patient Letter
5. Clinical Use of the Electronic Health Record
6. Using the Electronic Health Record for Reimbursement
7. The Personal Health Record and Patient Portals
Appendix A. Review of Paper-Based Office Procedures
Appendix B. CMS Documentation Guidelines
Appendix C. Front Office, Clinical Care, and Coding and Billing Application Exercises
Appendix D. SimChart® Supplement
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 22nd February 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), has spent her entire career in health care, first as a medical assistant in a variety of offices and clinics, developing expertise in the electronic health record. She combines her education in dietetics with her clinical and administrative experience as an instructor in the Medical Assisting program at Chippewa Valley Technical College in Wisconsin, where she has taught for the past 18 years. Julie is also the program director for the college’s new Health Navigator program.
Medical Assistant Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.