Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to Food Irradiation and Medical Sterilization
2. Introduction to Plastics and Polymers
3. Introduction to the Physical, Mechanical, and Thermal Properties of Plastics and Elastomers
4. Styrene based Plastics
7. Polyamides (Nylons)
9. Polyvinyls and Acrylics
12. High Temperature/High Performance Polymers
13. Renewable Resource and Biodegradable polymers
The Effect of Sterilization Methods on Plastics and Elastomers, Fourth Edition brings together a wide range of essential data on the sterilization of plastics and elastomers, thus enabling engineers to make optimal material choices and design decisions. The data tables in this book enable engineers and scientists to select the right materials and sterilization method for a given product or application. The book is a unique and essential reference for anybody working with plastic materials that are likely to be exposed to sterilization methods, be it in medical device or packaging development, food packaging or other applications.
- Presents essential data and practical guidance for engineers and scientists working with plastics in applications that require sterile packaging and equipment
- Updated edition removes obsolete data, updates manufacturers, verifies data accuracy, and adds new plastics materials for comparison
- Provides essential information and guidance for FDA submissions required for new medical devices
Plastics engineers, product designers, packaging engineers and materials scientists. Medical device and packaging designers and users; polymer and coatings chemists; producers and users of sterile packaging products and medical devices. Sectors: food, beverage and pharmaceutical packaging; medical devices; chemical processing; agriculture; defense
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2018
- 22nd February 2018
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Larry McKeen has a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin and worked for DuPont Fluoroproducts from 1978–2014. As a Senior Research Associate Chemist, he was responsible for new product development including application technology and product optimization for particular end-uses, and product testing. He retired from DuPont at the end of 2014 and is currently a consultant.
Senior Research Associate, DuPont, Wilmington, DE, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.