Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to the Effect of Heat Aging on Plastics
2. Introduction to the Physical, Mechanical, and Thermal Properties of Plastics and Elastomers
3. The Effect of Heat Aging on the Properties of Styrenic Plastics
4. The Effect of Heat Aging on the Properties of Polyesters
5. The Effect of Heat Aging on the Properties of Polyimides
6. The Effect of heat aging on the properties of Polyamides (Nylons)
7. The Effect of heat aging on the properties of Polyolefins, Polyvinyls & Acrylics
8. The Effect of heat aging on the properties of Fluoropolymers
9. The Effect of heat aging on the properties of High Temperature/High Performance Polymers
10. The Effect of heat aging on the properties of Elastomers and rubbers
11. The Effect of heat aging on the properties of Sustainable polymers
The Effect of Long Term Thermal Exposure on Plastics and Elastomers, Second Edition brings together a wide range of essential data on the effect of long-term thermal exposure on plastics and elastomers, enabling engineers to make optimal material choices and design decisions. This second edition has been thoroughly revised to include the latest data and materials. This highly valuable handbook will support engineers, product designers, R&D professionals, and scientists who are working on plastics products or parts for high temperature environments across a range of industries.
This readily available data will make it easy for practitioners to learn about plastic materials and their long- term thermal exposure without having to search the general literature or depend on suppliers. This book will also be of interest to researchers and advanced students in plastics engineering, polymer processing, coatings, and materials science and engineering.
- Provides essential data and practical guidance for engineers and scientists working with plastics in high temperature environments
- Includes introductory chapters on the effect of heat aging and testing methods, providing the underpinning knowledge required to utilize the data
- Covers a wide range of commercial polymer classes that are updated to include the latest developments in plastics materials
Plastics engineers, product designers and R&D professionals, working on plastics products or parts; Engineers and scientists working with plastics materials for application in a range of industries (automotive, aerospace, appliances, oil and gas, medical devices, etc.). Researchers and scientists in plastics engineering, polymer processing, polymer and coatings chemistry, and materials science
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2021
- 1st May 2021
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
Larry McKeen has a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin and worked for DuPont Fluoroproducts from 1978–2014. As a Senior Research Associate Chemist, he was responsible for new product development including application technology and product optimization for particular end-uses, and product testing. He retired from DuPont at the end of 2014 and is currently a consultant.
Senior Research Associate, DuPont, Wilmington, DE, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.