Table of Contents
- Introduction. The General Problem. The Patients Offers and the Doctors Responses. Elimination by Appropriate Physical examination. Incidence and Evaluation of Neurotic Symptoms. Level of Diagnosis. The Collusion of Anonymity. The General Practitioner and His Consultants. The Perpetuation of the Teacher-Pupil Relationship. Advice and reassurance. How to Start. When to Stop. The Special Psychological Atmosphere of General Practice. The General Practitioner as Psychotherapist. A: Two Illustrative Cases. The general Practitioner as Psychotherapist B: The Difficult Case. The Apostolic Function-I. The Apostolic Function-II. The Doctor and his Patient. The Patient and his Illness. General Practitioner Psychotherapy. Summary and Future outlook.
- No. of pages: 416
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Churchill Livingstone 2000
- Published: February 8, 2000
- Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780443064609
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Doctor, His Patient and The Illness"