Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Stepping into the digitally instrumented and interconnected era
Pethuru Raj and Jenn-Wei Lin
2. Digital twin technology for "smart manufacturing"
Preetha David and Anandhakumar
3. The fog computing/edge computing to leverage digital twin
J. Pushpa and Kalayani
4. The industry use cases for the Digital Twin idea
5. Digital twin: Empowering edge devices to be intelligent
Vidya Hungud and Senthil Kumar Arunachalam
6. The industrial internet of things (IIoT)
7. The growing role of integrated and insightful big and real-time data analytics platforms
Indrakumari Ranganathan, Poongodi Thangamuthu, Suresh Palanimuthu and Balamurugan Balusamy
8. Air pollution control model using machine learning and IoT techniques
Chetan Shetty, B.J. Sowmya, S. Seema and K.G. Srinivasa
9. The human body: A digital twin of the cyber physical systems
Janet Barnabas and Pethuru Raj
10. Impact of cloud security in digital twin
Susila Nagarajan, Sruthi Anand and Usha Sakthivel
11. Digital twin in consumer choice modeling
D. Sudaroli Vijayakumar
12. Digital twin: The industry use cases
Pethuru Raj and Chellammal Surianarayanan
13. Machine learning and deep learning algorithms on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
14. Energy-efficient edge based real-time healthcare support system
S. Abirami and P. Chitra
The Digital Twin Paradigm for Smarter Systems and Environments: The Industry Use Cases, Volume 117, the latest volume in the Advances in Computers series, presents detailed coverage of new advancements in computer hardware, software, theory, design and applications. Chapters vividly illustrate how the emerging discipline of digital twin is strategically contributing to various digital transformation initiatives. Specific chapters cover Demystifying the Digital Twin Paradigm, Digital Twin Technology for "Smarter Manufacturing", The Fog Computing/ Edge Computing to leverage Digital Twin, The industry use cases for the Digital Twin idea, Enabling Digital Twin at the Edge, The Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT), and much more.
- Provides in-depth descriptions of digital transformation technologies and tools
- Covers various research accomplishments in this flourishing field of relevance
- Includes many detailed industry use cases with all the right information
Data scientists, artificial intelligence (AI) researchers, big data analytics (BDA) architects, IoT experts, IT professionals
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 28th January 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Pethuru Raj PhD has been working as a chief architect and vice president of site reliability engineering (SRE) division of Reliance Jio Infocomm. Ltd. Bangalore. Previously he worked as a cloud infrastructure architect in the IBM Global Cloud Center of Excellence (CoE), Bangalore. He worked as a TOGAF-certified enterprise architecture (EA) consultant in Wipro Consulting Services (WCS) Division and as a lead architect in the corporate research (CR) division of Robert Bosch, India. He has gained more than 18 years of IT industry experience. He finished the CSIR-sponsored PhD degree in Anna University, Chennai and continued the UGC-sponsored postdoctoral research in the department of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Thereafter, he was granted a couple of international research fellowships (JSPS and JST) to work as a research scientist for 3.5 years in two leading Japanese universities. He has authored and edited 18 books thus far and he focuses on some of the emerging technologies such as Containerized Clouds; Big, Fast, and Streaming Data Analytics; Microservices architecture (MSA); Machine and Deep Learning Algorithms; Blockchain Technology; The Internet of Things; and Edge Computing. He has published more than 30 research papers in peer-reviewed journals such as IEEE, ACM, Springer-Verlag, Inderscience, etc.
Reliance Jio Infocomm. Ltd. (RJIL), Bangalore, India
Dr. Preetha Evangeline is currently working as an Assistant Professor (Senior) in the Department of Computer science and Engineering at Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore. She has completed her Doctoral Degree from MIT, Anna University in the field of Cloud Computing and her Masters in Engineering with specialization in CSE from Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences. Her area of specialization are High Performance Computing, Operating Systems and Data Structures. Her future research scope lies in the area of Process Digital Twin Technology. She has published many research papers in reputed journals.
Vellore Institute of Technology, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.