The 2nd edition of this highly successful essential clinical reference provides concise, evidence-based information on 69 popular forms of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), and 46 common conditions frequently treated with CAM. Each section has a clear and accessible design for quick decision-making, and includes an analysis of the most up-to-date research available. This handy reference also includes a searchable CD-ROM.
· Provides a single authoritative reference source on CAM for health professionals
· Takes a systematic and evidence-based approach
· Offers concise information on CAM diagnostic methods and treatments
· Summarizes clinical trial data on the effectiveness of CAM for specific conditions
· Alerts readers to cases where CAM may be risky or inappropriate
· Weighs up the benefits and risks of each CAM treatment
· Makes recommendations for practice in the context of conventional medical management
· Includes CD-ROM with fully searchable text
· CD-ROM includes links to Medline
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN: