International Series of Monographs in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Division 1: Solid and Structural Mechanics, Volume 8: The Design of Structures of Least Weight focuses on the design of structures.
This book reviews the considerations that determine the minimal structure weight and illustrates how these considerations may be expected to influence design. Topics discussed include the theory in design, structure loading coefficients and struts, wide struts, panels, and design of beams to transmit pure bending. The design of cantilevers, detail design of braced frames, basic theory of layout, and layout in practical design are also deliberated in this publication.
This volume is recommended for design engineers and specialists intending to acquire knowledge of design structures of least weight.
1. Introduction: Theory in Design
2. Structure Loading Coefficients and Struts
3. Wide Struts
5. The Design of Beams to Transmit Pure Bending
6. The Design of Cantilevers
7. The Detail Design of Braced Frames
8. The Basic Theory of Layout
9. Layout in Practical Design
Other Titles in the Division
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1965
- 1st January 1965
- eBook ISBN: