- Print ISBN 9780124058873
- Electronic ISBN 9780124059139
The Data to Dollars™ Value Chain: A Practical Guide to Business Analytics provides guidance on how to create successful analytics projects, assemble teams, and plan for ongoing initiatives. The book is a thoughtful, skilled, technical and analytical guide on the methods used to truly understand customers, consumer behavior, and market opportunities.
This practical guide contains all components of the process, along with the methods and templates needed to unlock the potential of data. Readers will learn how to "reduce the barrier to benefit" from analytics by enabling their team to get more from their analytics efforts despite budget constraints, how to staff talent and experience, how to use knowledge, and how to recognize data quality, availability, and potential political barriers within an organization.
Preface: A crucial moment in the history of technology, data, and decision making
Section 1: A Framework to Convert Data to Dollars
1. Turning Data into Dollars using Analytics: Why It Matters More Than Ever
2. How did we get here? (previous title was "today’s trends in the context of history"
3. Defining the challenges
4. A methodology to overcome the challenges
5. What does it take to apply the methodology
6. Case Studies
Section 2: Putting the Data to Dollars Methodology into Practice
7. The Data to Dollars™ Value Chain Methodology
8. Opportunity Identification
9. Insight + Analysis Requirements
10. Data Requirements
11. Defining the Required People, Processes and Technologies
12. Project Planning
13. Executing Analysis
14. Using the Output of Analysis
15. Onward and Upward: Growing Your Return on Data Analytics