The Core Model: A Collaborative Paradigm for the Pharmaceutical Industry and Global Health Care develops the innovative core model, an organizational research and design paradigm and economic theory that proposes a collaborative approach to resolving global health issues and improving the productivity of drug development. The model proposes that scientific collaboration does not occur in an unstructured manner, but actually takes place within a highly structured order where knowledge is transferred, integrated and finally translated into commercial products. An understanding of this model will help solve the global pharmaceutical industry´s productivity problems and address important global health care and economic issues.
This book is useful to researchers, advanced students, regulators, and management in pharmaceutical industries, as well as healthcare professionals, those working in health economics, and those interested in scientific innovation processes.
- Explores the current state-of-the-art in the pharmaceutical industry and the global healthcare sector
- Includes insights from world-leading figures in the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare sector, federal funding agencies, regulatory bodies, investment sector, entrepreneurship, intellectual property law, philanthropic organizations, and advocacy groups
- Develops in-depth, original concepts, which have important implications in the understanding of, and search for, potential solutions to the world´s health care crisis
Researchers, advanced students and management in the pharmaceutical industry and disease foundations. Healthcare professionals, FDA staff, business graduates, anyone interested in medical technology development, and scientific innovation
- Introduction: The Core Model
2. The "Core"
3. "The Bridge"
4. "The Periphery"
5. The Core Model and Intellectual Property and Financial Interests
6. The Core Model and The Pharmaceutical Industry Productivity Crisis
7. The Core Model, Innovation, Economic Growth and Development and Policy-Making
8. The Core Model and Global Health Care
9. Conclusion The Core Model: A Novel Economic Theory
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 1st September 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Ibis Sánchez-Serrano is an independent, world-leading figure in health care. He is the author of the book “The World´s Health Care Crisis: From the Laboratory Bench to the Patient´s Bedside” (Elsevier, 2011; Highly Recommended" --Choice); author of the seminal article on translational research, where the Core Model appeared for the first time. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal Gender & the Genome, has received many international recognitions for his work on global health care, including a “Fulbright Recognition Award”, a nomination to the world-class “Prince of Asturias” Award, and important world-class TV and media coverage, including CNN, C-SPAN, UNIVISION, EFE Agency, Deutsche Presse Agentur, etc. He is the President of “The Core Model Corporation”, a health-care and pharmaceutical start-up. He is a frequent speaker on global health care and pharmaceutical development
President and Founder, The Core Model Corporation, S.A. (C.M.C.), Panama City, Panama