- Search the full text and access a video library online at expertconsult.com.
- Master the very latest techniques and technologies through detailed step-by-step surgical instructions, tips, and pearls.
- Stay current on the state-of-the-art in intraspinous and biologic devices—such as Stent (Alphatec) and Optimesh Spineology; thoracic techniques—kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, and spacers; and conservative treatment modalities—including injection therapies, acupuncture, and yoga.
- Make expert-guided decisions on techniques and device selection using the collective clinical experience of pioneering editors and contributors.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages for the full range of available microsurgical and endoscopic techniques for management of cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine pathology—minimally invasive fusion, reconstruction, decompression, and dynamic stabilization.
- View a narrated video library demonstrating surgical techniques and device tips and pearls on the included DVD.
Section 1: Introdcution to the Aging Spine
1. Embryology of the Spine
2. Applied Anatomy of the Normal and Aging Spine
3. Histological Changes in the Aging Spine
4. Natural History of the Degenerative Cascade
5. History and Physical Examination of the Aging Spine
6. The Role of Nutrition, Weight, and Exercise on the Aging Spine
7. The Psychology of the Aging Spine, Treatment Options, and Ayurveda as a Novel Approach
Section 2: Basic Science of the Aging Spine
8. Biomechanics of the Senescent Spine
9. Non-Invasive Strength Analysis of the Spine Using Clinical CT Scans
10. Kinematics of the Aging Spine: A Review of Past Knowledge and Survery of Recent Developments, with a Focus on Patient-Management Implications for the Clinical Practitioner
11. Causes of Premature Aging of the Spine
12. Osteoporosis and the Aging Spine: Diagnosis and Treatment
13. Osteoarthritis and Inflammatory Arthritides of the Aging Spine
14. Spinal Stenosis without Spondylolisthesis
15. Spinal Stenosis with Spondylolisthesis
16. Imaging of the Aging Spine
Section 3: Conservative Treatment Modalities
17. Land Based Rehabilitation and the Aging Spine
18. Aquatic Physical Therapy
19. The Role of Spinal Injections in Treating the Aging Spine
20. Accupuncture in Treatment of Aging-Spine-Related Pain Conditions
21. Tai Chi, Qi Gong, and Other Complementary Alternative Therapies for Treatment of the Aging Spine and Chronic Pain
22. Oral Analgesics for Chronic Low Back Pain in Adults
23. Yoga and the Aging Spine
Section 4: Surgical Treatment Modalities: Cervical Spine
24. Cervical Stenosis: Radiculpathy - Review of Concepts, Surgical Techniques, and Outcomes
25. Cervical Stenosis: Myelopathy
26. Cervical Kyphosis
27. Surgical Treatment Modalities for Cervical