Epilepsy is, after headache, the second most common neurological disorder. This book clarifies the many courses of action to take in treating patients with epilepsy. It presents current knowledge about seizures and epilepsy in a comprehensive, socially conscious, and clear manner. The editors have provided this information in a comprehensive, easy-to-use, and practical form.
This short, simple pedagogical guide to the diagnosis and management of epilepsy is an important reference work for all medical schools, hospitals, clinics, and primary care centers.
- This book integrates the latest research into essential reviews on:
- Initial management of patients with seizures
- Neuroradiological evaluation of epilepsy
- Psychosocial aspects of epilepsy
- Neuropsychologic problems associated with epilepsy
- Psychiatric disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of status epilepticus
- Nonepileptic seizures
- Ambulatory EEG monitoring
- Epilepsy surgery
- Endocrine aspects of partial seizures
- Epilepsy in the elderly