Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Clinician’s Guide to Oppositional Defiant Disorder: Symptoms, Assessment, and Treatment uniquely focuses on practical strategies for assessing and treating Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) in youth. After briefly reviewing clinical characteristics of ODD and known causal factors, the book reviews brief and easily administered assessment measures of ODD. It further describes efficacious treatment elements across different treatment protocols that can be personalized for young children, older children, and/or adolescents that are based on unique clinical and family characteristics. Assessment and treatment tips for addressing commonly co-occurring problems, such as difficulties with toilet training, lying, problems with peers, and aggression are included.
Finally, the book includes practical tools, such as therapeutic handouts, sample rating forms, and psychoeducational materials for parents and clinicians, along with links to online materials for ease of use in applied clinical settings.
- Provides cutting-edge clinical insights on the etiology, assessment and treatment of ODD
- Outlines the symptoms of ODD and their links to the development of other disorders
- Reviews heritable and environmental causes of ODD
- Describes efficacious treatment elements, such as differential attention and time out
- Provides guidelines for associated problems, such as bedwetting and lying
- Includes in-text and online materials for applied use in assessment and treatment
Clinical psychologists and other mental health professionals working with child and adolescent populations
ODD Dimensions and Predictions of Later Problems
The Importance and Ease of Early Assessment; Causal Factors
Theories of ODD; Overview of Evidence-Based Treatments of ODD
Overview of Evidence-Based Treatment Components
1. Differential Attention; Treatment Component
2. Logical Consequences and Reward Systems; Treatment Component
3. Time Out; Treatment Component
4. Cognitive Skills; Treatment Component
5. Problem-Solving; Other Related Problem Treatments: Social Skills, and Toilet and Sleep Problems;
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 24th May 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Martel’s research utilizes a translational, “bench to bedside” perspective to examine developmental pathways to disruptive behavior disorders and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, using multiple levels of analysis.
University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA