- Introduces social capital dimensions to the knowledge management framework
- Provides empirical work on the new combination of social capital and organizational information behaviour. Two different information sharing practices are presented: a claims handling unit (routine based work) and a biotechnology firm (expert work)
- Develops social capital measures into qualitative information research
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Theories of information sharing: Information sharing in context; Patterns of sharing – enablers and barriers; Social navigation. Part 2 Two practices in information sharing: Introducing the two cases; Claims handlers; Expert organisation. Part 3 Insights into information, knowledge sharing and social capital: Dimensions of social capital in the two cases; Social capital and sharing – building structures for knowledge sharing and its management; Importance of the awareness of social capital in connection with information and knowledge sharing in today’s companies.
- No. of pages: 232
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2007
- Published: April 30, 2007
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780632018
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Challenges of Knowledge Sharing in Practice"