- Covers the latest advances in feline medicine from a systemic and adjunctive care perspective. It's the most comprehensive feline medical reference available with a strong clinical focus.
- Helps you meet the increasing demand for state-of-the-art medical care by cat owners — including advanced diagnostic services and treatments designed to extend and improve quality of life for feline companions.
- Features a full-color design with hundreds of schematic drawings, tables, boxes, key points, algorithms, and photographs for quick and easy access to information.
- Addresses key topics unique to feline medicine and not currently covered in other books, including: insights and clinical advances attributable to the mapping of the feline genome; medical conditions associated with behavioral problems; managing the feline patient with co-existing and chronic disease; special medical problems and care considerations for the geriatric cat; environmental enrichment for the indoor cat; feline zoonotic agents and implications for human health; and shelter medicine and overpopulation solutions.
- Provides in-depth information on indoor cats and senior cats, including timely guidance on meeting owners' expectations for longer, healthier lives for their cats.
- Addresses the challenges of pet overpopulation, particularly the impact of millions of feral cats on public health and the environment.
- Presents information written in the manner of expanded conference proceedings, delivering the latest insights and most current approaches to management of feline medical disorders.
- Includes contributions from approximately 60 contributors, drawing on the valuable expertise of those most knowledgea
Part 1: Fundamentals of Feline Practice
Understanding the Cat and Feline-Friendly Handling The Cat-Friendly Practice Deciphering the Cat: The Medical History and Physical Examination Guidelines and Precautions for Drug Therapy in Cats
Anesthesia and Perioperative Care
Preventive Health Car