Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Birnbaum-Saunders Distribution presents the statistical theory, methodology, and applications of the Birnbaum-Saunders distribution, a very flexible distribution for modeling different types of data (mainly lifetime data).
The book describes the most recent theoretical developments of this model, including properties, transformations and related distributions, lifetime analysis, and shape analysis. It discusses methods of inference based on uncensored and censored data, goodness-of-fit tests, and random number generation algorithms for the Birnbaum-Saunders distribution, also presenting existing and future applications.
- Introduces inference in the Birnbaum-Saunders distribution
- Provides a comprehensive review of the statistical theory and methodology of the Birnbaum-Distribution
- Discusses different applications of the Birnbaum-Saunders distribution
- Explains characterization and the lifetime analysis
Graduate engineering students, practicing engineers, quality engineers, reliability engineers, consultants
Chapter 1: Genesis of the Birnbaum–Saunders Distribution
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 History
- 1.3 Fatigue, genesis, and derivation
- 1.4 Applications
Chapter 2: Characterizations of the Birnbaum–Saunders Distribution
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Probability functions and properties
- 2.3 Characteristic function and moments
- 2.4 Generation of random numbers
Chapter 3: Inference for the Birnbaum–Saunders Distribution
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Maximum likelihood estimation method
- 3.3 Moment estimation method
- 3.4 Graphical estimation method
Chapter 4: Modeling Based on the Birnbaum–Saunders Distribution
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 The log-Birnbaum–Saunders distribution
- 4.3 Regression models
- 4.4 Diagnostic methods
Chapter 5: Goodness of Fit for the Birnbaum–Saunders Distribution
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Goodness of fit based on moments
- 5.3 Model selection
- 5.4 Probability plots
Chapter 6: Data Analyses with the Birnbaum–Saunders Distribution
- 6.1 Introduction
- 6.2 Data sets
- 6.3 Software
- 6.4 Modeling and diagnostics with real-world data
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2015
- 22nd October 2015
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Faculty of Engineering and Sciences, Adolfo Ibáñez University, Chile
"...an overview of the Birnbaum-Saunders distribution (also known as the fatigue-life distribution) and some of its probabilistic and statistical features, as well as its extension to regression analysis, diagnostics, and goodness of fit." --Zentralblatt MATH
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.