Master the very latest clinical and technical information on the full range of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction techniques. Both inside the remarkably user-friendly printed version of this Expert Consult title, and on its fully searchable web site, you'll find detailed coverage of hamstring, allograft and bone-tendon-bone (BTB) ACL reconstruction (including single versus double bundle techniques), and hamstring graft harvesting; plus fixation devices, rehabilitation, revision ACLR surgery, and much more! Surgical technique videos on the bonus DVD help you hone and refine your skill set under the expert guidance of the leading authorities in the field. Plus, the Premium Edition's web site regularly integrates new information directly into each chapter...so the content is always as current as the day the book was published!
- A "dream team" of ACL surgeons provides the advanced guidance you need to overcome the toughest challenges in this area.
- A comparison of the full range of graft options for ACL reconstruction makes it easier to choose the best approach for each patient.
- State-of-the-art information on the latest principles and technical considerations helps you avoid complications.
- ‘How-to' principles of post-op rehabilitation and revision ACL surgery assist you in optimizing patient outcomes.
- Hone and refine your surgical technique by viewing videos on the bonus DVD.
- Consult the latest guidance through an online ACL database offering monthly updated coverage including original research articles organized by topic, ACL-related podium presentations, and posters from the five major orthopedic meetings.
- Expand your reference power through additional online chapters.
- Overcome your toughest challenges with “Ask the Experts,” an online section enabling you to pose questions to the authors.
- Links to society and industry websites connect you to all the professional resources you need in one place.
SECTION I - ACL INJURY
Part A - Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics, Epidemiology
1. The Anatomy and Biomechanics of the ACL- James S. Starman, Mario Ferretti, Timo Jarvela,
Anthony Buoncristiani, Freddie H. Fu
2. Mechanisms of Non-Contact ACL Injuries-William E. Garrett, Jr, Bing Yu
3. Risk and Gender Factors for Non-Contact ACL Injury – Letha Y. Griffin, James Kercher
4. The Incidence of ACL Injury as a Function of Gender, Sport, and Injury Reduction Programs –
Chadwick Prodromos, Yung Han
5. Analysis of ACL Injury Prevention Programs for the Female Athlete – Holly J. Silvers, Robert H. Brophy, Bert R. Mandelbaum
Part B - Clinical
6. Diagnosis of ACL Tear – Chadwick Prodromos, Brian Murphy
7. The Non-Operative Treatment of ACL Deficient Patients– Elias Tsepis, Anastasios Georgulies
8. Arthrosis Following ACL Reconstruction – Nicholas E. Ohly, John F. Keating
SECTION II - ACL RECONSTRUCTION
9. The Economics of ACL Reconstruction – Chadwick Prodromos, Brian Joyce
Part A - GRAFT MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
10. The Relative Strengths of ACL Autografts and Allografts – Chadwick Prodromos, Brian Joyce
11. Why Synthetic Grafts Failed – Don Johnson
Part B - AUTOGRAFT HARVEST TECHNIQUES
12. Hamstring Harvest Technique for ACL Reconstruction – Don Johnson
13. Posterior Mini-Incision Hamstring Harvest Approach for ACL Reconstruction-Chadwick Prodromos
14. Technique for Harvesting a Mid-Third Patella Tendon Graft For ACL Reconstruction-Bertram
15. The Central Quadriceps Free Tendon for ACL Reconstruction – John P. Fulkerson
Part C - HAMSTRING GRAFT CONFIGURATIONS
16. Hamstring ACL Reconstruction with a Quadrupled or Tripled Senitendinosus Tendon Graft – Alberto Gobbi, Ramces Francisco
- eBook ISBN:
"The strength of this textbook lies in its comprehensive nature. This textbook exceeded my expectations, and I commend the editors and authors on this colossal undertaking." --JBJS 9/08