Master the very latest clinical and technical information on the full range of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction techniques. Both inside the remarkably user-friendly printed version of this Expert Consult title and on its fully searchable web site, you'll find detailed coverage of hamstring, allograft and bone-tendon-bone (BTB) ACL reconstruction (including single versus double bundle techniques), and hamstring graft harvesting; plus fixation devices, rehabilitation, revision ACLR surgery, and much more! Surgical technique videos on the bonus DVD help you hone and refine your skill set under the expert guidance of the leading authorities in the field.
- A "dream team" of ACL surgeons provides the advanced guidance you need to overcome the toughest challenges in this area.
- A comparison of the full range of graft options for ACL reconstruction makes it easier to choose the best approach for each patient.
- State-of-the-art information on the latest principles and technical considerations helps you avoid complications.
- ‘How to' principles of post-op rehabilitation and revision ACL surgery optimize patient outcome.
- The bonus DVD helps you hone and refine your surgical technique under the expert guidance of a "who's who" in ACL surgery.
- Access to the full contents of the book online enables you to consult it from any computer and perform rapid searches.
- Also available in an upgradeable premium online version including fully searchable text PLUS timely updates.
SECTION I - ACL INJURY
Part A - Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics, Epidemiology
1. The Anatomy and Biomechanics of the ACL- James S. Starman, Mario Ferretti, Timo Jarvela,
Anthony Buoncristiani, Freddie H. Fu
2. Mechanisms of Non-Contact ACL Injuries-William E. Garrett, Jr, Bing Yu
3. Risk and Gender Factors for Non-Contact ACL Injury – Letha Y. Griffin, James Kercher
4. The Incidence of ACL Injury as a Function of Gender, Sport, and Injury Reduction Programs –
Chadwick Prodromos, Yung Han
5. Analysis of ACL Injury Prevention Programs for the Female Athlete – Holly J. Silvers, Robert H. Brophy, Bert R. Mandelbaum
Part B - Clinical
6. Diagnosis of ACL Tear – Chadwick Prodromos, Brian Murphy
7. The Non-Operative Treatment of ACL Deficient Patients– Elias Tsepis, Anastasios Georgulies
8. Arthrosis Following ACL Reconstruction – Nicholas E. Ohly, John F. Keating
SECTION II - ACL RECONSTRUCTION
9. The Economics of ACL Reconstruction – Chadwick Prodromos, Brian Joyce
Part A - GRAFT MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
10. The Relative Strengths of ACL Autografts and Allografts – Chadwick Prodromos, Brian Joyce
11. Why Synthetic Grafts Failed – Don Johnson
Part B - AUTOGRAFT HARVEST TECHNIQUES
12. Hamstring Harvest Technique for ACL Reconstruction – Don Johnson
13. Posterior Mini-Incision Hamstring Harvest Approach for ACL Reconstruction-Chadwick Prodromos
14. Technique for Harvesting a Mid-Third Patella Tendon Graft For ACL Reconstruction-Bertram
15. The Central Quadriceps Free Tendon for ACL Reconstruction – John P. Fulkerson
Part C - HAMSTRING GRAFT CONFIGURATIONS
16. Hamstring ACL Reconstruction with a Quadrupled or Tripled Senitendinosus Tendon Graft – Alberto Gobbi, Ramces Francisco
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2008
- 7th November 2007
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Medical Director, Illinois Orthoapedics and Sports Medicine Centers; Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rush University College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
Fellow, Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Blue Cross of Western Pennsylvania, Professor and Executive Vice Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Musculoskeletal Institute, Pittsburgh, PA
"The strength of this textbook lies in its comprehensive nature. This textbook exceeded my expectations, and I commend the editors and authors on this colossal undertaking." --JBJS 9/08