- A clear and concise writing style makes the book easy to read and understand, even if you have a limited background in science.
- Quick Check questions let you check your comprehension at various points within a chapter.
- Chapter quizzes provide recall, thought, and application questions to check your understanding of A&P concepts.
- An Evolve website includes online tutoring, a Body Spectrum coloring book, Anatomy & Physiology Pioneers boxes with brief biographies of trailblazers in science and medicine, 3-D animations, an audio glossary, Spanish pronunciations of key terms, and frequently asked questions.
- Outlines and objectives at the beginning of each chapter help you prioritize your study.
- Key terms are highlighted to help you analyze, pronounce, and spell important medical words.
- A glossary provides definitions and a pronunciation guide for key terms.
- Functional Relationships pages illustrate the connection between each individual system and the other body systems, showing how all systems work together.
- Representative Disorders describe the common health issues associated with each body system.
- Focus on Aging boxes describe the effects of aging on body systems.
- Quick Applications boxes connect the material to real-world scenarios.
- From the Pharmacy boxes describe common medications for each body system and include a brief description of the drug and its action, common uses, and abbreviations.
- Introduction to the Human Body
- Chemistry, Matter, and Life
- Cell Structure and Function
- Tissues and Membranes
- Integumentary System
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System
- Sensory System
- Endocrine System
- Cardiovascular System: The Heart
- Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels
- Cardiovascular System: Blood
- Lymphatic System and Body Defense
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Metabolism and Nutrition
- Urinary System and Body Fluids
- Reproductive System
Answers for Quick Check Questions
Answers for Vocabulary Quizzes
Glossary of Clinical Terms and Disorders
Glossary of Word Parts
Glossary of Abbreviations