Analytical Chemistry, Volume 24: The Analytical Chemistry of the Noble Metals describes the procedures for the separation, extraction, and analysis of noble metals.
This book is composed of seven chapters, and begins with a survey on the influence of metallurgical factors on the susceptibility of platinum and gold metals to various corrosive agents. The succeeding chapter provides the methods of isolation of osmium and ruthenium from associated platinum metals and from base metals. A chapter examines the application of gravimetric methods for the separation of seven noble metals, including ruthenium, osmium, rhodium, iridium, palladium, platinum, and gold. Other chapters consider the procedures for volumetric, spectrophotometric, and spectrochemical analysis of noble metals. The concluding chapter describes the features and attributes of the equipment for noble metal analysis. This book is of value to analytical chemists and workers and researchers in metallurgy.
- The Action of Acids, Bases, Oxygen, and Chlorine on the Noble Metals The Action of Mineral Acids The Action of Bases The Action of Chlorine Fusions with Base Metals The Effect of Oxygen on the Hot Metals
- Methods of Separating the Seven Noble Metals Section I The Separation of Osmium from Ruthenium The Separation of Rhodium from Iridium The Separation of Gold, Platinum and Palladium Section II The Determination of Osmium in Meteoric Iron The Determination of Osmium and Ruthenium in Siderite Meteorites (and in Iron-Copper-Nickel Assay Buttons) The Determination of Osmium and Ruthenium in Lead Alloys The Determination of Noble Metals in Decorative Alloys Alternative Procedures The Determination of Osmium, Ruthenium, Palladium, Platinum, Rhodium and Iridium The Determination of Noble Metals in Silver Assay Beads The Determination of Iridium in the Presence of Lead The Determination of Iridium in the Presence of Platinum The Analysis of Iridosmines The Separation of Palladium from Lead Alloys A Gravimetric Determination of Palladium in Lead Alloys Ion-Exchange Separations Chromatographic Separations The Wet Determination of the Six Platinum Metals in High Concentrates Fire Assay for Noble Metals Surface Effects of Platinum Metals in Silver Assay Beads Slag Losses of Noble Metals Fire Assay Procedures
- Gravimetric Methods for the Seven Noble Metals Ruthenium Osmium Rhodium Iridium Palladium Platinum Gold
- Volumetric Methods Ruthenium Osmium Rhodium Iridium Palladium Platinum Gold
- Spectrophotometric Methods Ruthenium Osmium Rhodium Iridium
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1966
- 1st January 1966
- eBook ISBN: