Using an easy-to-understand, step-by-step approach, The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes describes how to accurately interpret 12-lead ECGs for effective recognition and treatment of patients experiencing ACS. This 3rd edition simplifies learning with a new three-step method for interpreting 12-lead ECGs, first exposing you to new information, then offering examples, and finally asking you to apply your knowledge. Then it takes 12-lead interpretation one step further by providing strategies to determine the likelihood of the presence of STEMI versus other causes of ST elevation. Written by two well-known educators, Tim Phalen, a paramedic, and Barbara J. Aehlert, a nurse, this guide includes the latest emergency cardiac care guidelines, new research, and new information on treating ACS in both hospital and prehospital environments.
- The latest emergency cardiac care guidelines are reflected in updated discussions of ACS treatment.
- More than 300 colorful illustrations, including 31 new photos, depict concepts and skills.
- Case studies promote early recognition and treatment of problems.
- Key Point! boxes offer information that you should remember to minimize problems.
- Fast Fact boxes provide helpful information.
- Did You Know? boxes provide additional information and the "big picture."
- Think About It! boxes offer valuable insights into better patient care.
- Objectives open each chapter to emphasize what should be learned.
- Key terms are bolded upon first mention to make learning them easier.
1. Reviewing the Basics
2. Introduction to the 12-lead ECG
3. Acquiring the 12-lead ECG
4. Acute Coronary Syndromes
5. MI: Recognition and Localization
6. MI: Complications of Myocardial Infarction
7. Acute Coronary Syndromes Imposters
8. Practice ECGs
9. Case Studies
- © Mosby/JEMS 2012
- 25th February 2011
- Paperback ISBN: