- Provides a concise and representative overview of the opportunities available for textile, polymer and composite fibres to be used in construction
- Provides an insight into how high-tech textiles already influence our daily lives as well as potential applications in modern buildings
- Features a thorough discussion of technical characteristics and requirements of textiles used for buildings and construction
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Main types of textiles and polymers used in building and construction: Types and production of textiles used for building and construction; Technical characteristics and requirements of textiles used for building and construction; Fibre reinforced polymer composite materials for building and construction; Developing and testing textiles and coatings for tensioned membrane structures; Polymer foils used in construction. Part 2 Applications of textiles and polymers in construction: Tensile structures – textiles for architecture and design; The role, properties and applications of textile materials in sustainable buildings; Learning from nature: Lightweight constructions using the ‘technical plant stem’; The role of textiles in providing biomimetic solutions for construction; Smart textile and polymer fibres for structural health monitoring; Textiles for insulation systems, control of solar gains and thermal losses and solar systems; Sustainable buildings: Biomimicry and textile applications; Challenges in using textile materials in architecture: The case of Australia; Innovative composite-fibre components in architecture.
- No. of pages: 512
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: September 27, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845699994
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Textiles, Polymers and Composites for Buildings"