- Print ISBN 9781455703647
- Electronic ISBN 9781455775095
- Clear explanations and a logical format simplify the principles of veterinary diagnostic radiology, including patient positioning, radiographic technique, specific anatomic features of the body part in question, methods of radiographic viewing and interpretation, and assessment and applications of alternative imaging modalities.
- High-quality radiographic images clarify key concepts and interpretation principles.
- Up-to-date coverage of the most commonly seen species in private veterinary practices and veterinary teaching hospitals includes the cat, dog, and horse.
- An atlas of normal radiographic anatomy in each section makes it easier to recognize abnormal radiographic findings.
- A discussion of radiation safety highlights measures that can protect you from harmful radiation exposure.
Section I: Physics and Principles of Interpretation
1. Radiation Physics and Protection
2. Digital Images and Digital Radiographic Image Capture
3. Physics of Ultrasound Imaging
4. Physics of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging
5. Introduction to Radiographic Interpretation
Section II: The Axial Skeleton: Canine, Feline, and Equine
6. Radiographic Anatomy of the Axial Skeleton
7. Basic Principles of Radiographic Interpretation of the Axial Skeleton
8. Canine and Feline Skull, Nasal Cavity and Sinuses
9. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Features of Canine and Feline Brain Disease
10. Equine Skull, Nasal Cavity and Sinuses
11. Canine and Feline Vertebrae
12. Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computed Tomography Features of Canine and Feline Spinal Cord Disease NEW!
Section III: The Appendicular Skeleton: Canine, Feline, and Equine
13. Radiographic Anatomy of the Appendicular Skeleton
14. Basic Principles of Radiographic Interpretation of the Appendicular Skeleton
15. Canine and Feline Orthopedic Diseases
16. Canine and Feline Fracture Healing and Complications
17. Canine and Feline Bone Tumors vs. Bone Infections
18. Canine and Feline Joint Disease
19. Equine Stifle and Tarsus
- No. of pages:
- © 2013
- 8th June 2012
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: