- New edition of a well established text with a strongly pedagogic approach to the subject of psychiatry
- Logical writing style gives ready access to key information
- Includes many illustrations
- Contains practical examples throughout to demonstrate the importance of psychiatry to all areas of medicine
- Ideal for medical students and junior doctors
- Suitable as a ‘primer’ for specialist trainees entering the discipline for the first time
2. The life net
3. Classification, aetiology, management and prognostic factors.
4. The doctor-patient communication.
5. History taking and clinical examination
6. Organic psychiatry.
7. Psychoactive substance use disorders
8. Schizophrenia and delusional (paranoid disorders)
9. Mood disorders, suicide and parasuicide.
10. Neurotic and other stress-related anxiety disorders
11. The dissociative (conversion) and somatoform disorders
12. Psychiatry of menstruation and pregnancy
13. Psychiatry of sexuality
14. Sleep disorders
15. Personality disorders
16. Child and adolescent psychiatry
17. Psychiatry of disability
18. Eating disorders
19. Transcultural psychiatry
20. Psychiatry of the elderly
21. Forensic psychiatry
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2011
- 31st May 2011
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor and Honorary Consultant in Psychiatry and Imaging, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London and Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, West London Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK; Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Forensic Psychiatry, St. Mary's Hospital, Medical School, London, UK; Clinical and College Tutor (West Sector), Charing Cross Training Scheme, London, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.