This textbook for medical students covers orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology integrated into one volume. It offers both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these specialties and an extensive series of cases with questions and answers that illustrate the thinking behind common everyday practice. The book offers a standardised approach to history taking and physical examination, and the elevant anatomy, highlighting the reasons for the different approaches within each specialty as required.
The First Edition of this textbook was the winner of the prize for New Edited Book at The Royal Society of Medicine & The Society of Authors' Medical Book Awards.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal medicine and surgery perfectly tailored for the busy medical student
- Illustrated in full colour throughout
- Succinct coverage of essential topics helps aid understanding whilst avoid unnecessary detail thus saving time
- Uniform style of chapters throughout allows readers to easily scan through for the information required
- Useful summary boxes outline the main points of each condition including aetiology, pathology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigations, management and prognosis
- 100 interactive online case histories with questions illustrate the range of clinical problems that students will encounter during their clinical placements.
- Section 1: The musculoskeletal system
- Section 2: Management of musculoskeletal problems
- Section 3: Trauma
- Section 4: Rheumatology
- Section 5: Orthopaedics
- Section 6: Paediatrics
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 10th June 2008
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor of Rheumatology/Consultant Rheumatologist, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Science, University of Oxford Rheumatology Dept, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Windmill Road, Oxford OX3 7LD UK
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh; Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh; Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, UK Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Director of Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Tsinghua University Hospital, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tsinghua University Medical Centre, Beijing, China
Professor of Orthopaedics and Head of Paediatric Orthopaedic Service, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka State, India
Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer & Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Science, University of Oxford
Consultant Physician, Department of Rheumatology, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
"Out of several undergraduate texts on musculoskeletal disease, this is both comprehensive and comprehensible and a valuable addition to departmental and students' personal libraries."
New Edited Book Winner at The Royal Society of Medicine & The Society of Authors' Medical Book Awards
"This book, edited by four physicians from the U.K., is the best comprehensive work I have seen on the musculoskeletal system for medical students. I highly recommend the U.K. book to all medical students, junior residents, and primary care physicians."
Doody Review Services: Edward Abraham, MD University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
"This is a well presented text …. It is of considerable value to the orthopaedic nurse/ therapist, but because of its medical assessment and management approach, I would mainly recommend it to those working in specialist and advanced practice roles with a need for a deeper understanding of assessment and management issues."
Journal of Orthopaedic Nursing