1. Book has been divided into 4 parts: General orthopaedics; Regional orthopaedics; Musculoskeletal injuries (General principles, injuries of the upper limb, injuries of the lower limb and spine); and preparation for an orthopaedics exam.
2. Clinical examination (including range of motion and special tests) has been written in each section which makes the book complete.
3. Important examination points demonstrated by videos make learning & execution of tests easier.
4. Relevant anatomy is given prior to each chapter for a better understanding.
5. Newer advances have been added where ever required. For example,Femoroacetabular impingement; treatment of spinal deformities and spinal injuries; damage control orthopaedics; newer implants; bio-absorbable implants.
6. Traditional answers to certain questions have been retained as they are important viva-voce questions, for example Stoss therapy has been explained in chapter on Rickets although it is seldom used now.
7. General topics have been written in a lucid manner, covering concepts (short notes) and facts (MCQs) with equal ease.
SECTION I GENERAL ORTHOPAEDICS
1 Introduction, 2
2 Basic Bone Sciences and Metabolic Disorders of Bone, 10
3 Anatomy of Joints and Joint Affections, 22
4 Osteoarticular Infections, 29
5 Common Genetic Disorders and Dysplasia, 40
6 Neuromuscular Disorders, 48
7 Peripheral Nerve Injuries, 60
8 Bone Tumours, 78
9 Amputations With Prosthetics, Orthotics and Walking Aids, 92
SECTION II REGIONAL ORTHOPAEDICS
10 Back, Neck and the Spinal Cord, 102
11 Shoulder and Elbow, 118
12 Wrist and Hand, 131
13 Hip, 144
14 Knee, 164
15 Ankle and Foot, 176
SECTION III MUSCULOSKELETAL INJURIES
PART A GENERAL PRINCIPALS, 188
16 Fractures and Dislocations: General Principles, 189
17 Fracture Management, 198
18 Splints, Tractions, Implants and Instruments, 208
19 Complications of Fractures, 230
20 Head, Chest and Abdominal Injury and Management of Polytrauma, 244
PART B REGIONAL INJURIES, 252
21 Injuries of Shoulder and Arm, 253
22 Injuries Around the Elbow, 265
23 Injuries of the Forearm, 278
24 Injuries of Wrist and Hand, 288
PART C INJURIES OF THE LOWER LIMB AND SPINE, 295
25 Pelvis and Hip Injuries, 296
26 Thigh and Knee Injuries, 309
27 Injuries of Leg, Ankle and Foot, 320
28 Spine Injuries and Paraplegia, 335
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2018
- 12th September 2018
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: