This new resource presents today's most comprehensive, multidisciplinary coverage of cancers of the central and peripheral nervous system. Experts in neurosurgery, neuroradiology, neuropathology, neuro-oncology, and all other relevant fields present well-rounded, in-depth, cutting-edge information on epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment for each type of tumor entity. This practical organization allows readers to efficiently access complete clinical knowledge on any form of neurological cancer.
- Presents an outstanding review of state-of-the-art basic science, including epidemiology as well as molecular and cellular biology.
- Describes the very latest approaches to diagnostic imaging and pathologic classification.
- Covers the newest treatment techniques, from neurosurgery through radiation therapy · chemotherapy · neuro-interventional techniques · immunotherapy · and gene therapy, and discusses functional outcomes and clinical trial findings.
- Explores all of the most challenging neurologic cancers that clinicians face, including meningiomas · chordomas and chondrosarcomas of the cranial base · benign and malignant peripheral nerve tumors · medulloblastomas · neurocutaneous syndromes · ependymomas · and malignant rhabdoid tumors.
- Includes a thorough section on Pediatric Neuro-Oncology.
- Offers more than 800 crisp clinical and pathological photos to facilitate diagnosis and treatment
- Features a user-friendly full-color layout throughout for ease of reference.
Part 1: Basic Essential Principles
Section A: Basic Science
Chapter 1: The Epidemiology of Brain Tumors
Chapter 2: Molecular and Cell Biology
Chapter 3: Animal Models
Section B: Diagnosis
Chapter 4: Diagnostic Imaging
Chapter 5: Pathologic Classification
Section C: Treatment Principles
Chapter 6: Neuro-Endocrinology
Chapter 7: Neurotology
Chapter 8: Neuro-Ophthalmology
Chapter 9: Surgical Strategies in the Management of Brain Tumors
Chapter 10: Basic Concepts Underlying Radiation Therapy
Chapter 11: Chemotherapy Principles
Chapter 12: Treatment Principles: Neuro-interventional Techniques
Chapter 13: Immunotherapy
Chapter 14: Gene Therapy
Chapter 15: Functional Outcomes
Chapter 16: Clinical Trials
Part 2: Tumor-Specific Principles
Section A: Intra-axial Tumors
Chapter 17: Diffuse Astrocytoma
Chapter 18: Anaplastic Astrocytoma
Chapter 19: Glioblastoma Multiforme
Chapter 20: Pilocytic Astrocytoma
Chapter 21: Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma
Chapter 22: Subependymal Giant Cell Astrocytoma
Chapter 23: Oligodendroglial Tumors
Chapter 24: Mixed Gliomas
Chapter 25: Ependymal Tumors
Chapter 26: Choroid Plexus Tumors: Choroid Plexus Papilloma and Choroid Plexus Carcinoma
Chapter 27: Astroblastoma
Chapter 28: Gliomatosis Cerebri
Chapter 29: Chordoid Glioma of the Third Ventricle
Chapter 30: Mixed Neuronal- Tumors
Chapter 31: Neuronal Tumors
Chapter 32: Dysembryoplastic Neuroepithelial Tumor
Chapter 33: Pineocytoma
Chapter 34: Pineoblastoma
Chapter 35: Medulloblastoma (Infratentorial PNET)
Chapter 36: Adult Supratentorial Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors
Chapter 37: Lipomatous Tumors<
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2005
- 6th October 2004
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: