The second edition of the Textbook of Microbiology and Immunology provides a fully updated text on various aspects of microbiology and infectious diseases, which makes it the most authoritative and informative text in medical microbiology. It is a must have book for preparing MBBS examination as well as for preparing PG entrance test.
- Clear, succinct, and comprehensive information on various aspects of microbiology and immunology.
- Thoroughly revised information.
- Key Points highlighting the need to know aspects of the discussed topics.
- Tables and figures for better understanding.
- Case studies at the end of chapters for self-assessment.
- Special emphasis on emerging and re-emerging pathogens and antimicrobial resistance.
- Color photographs to aid in better understanding.
- Covers recent advances in molecular diagnosis and vaccines.
SECTION I: GENERAL MICROBIOLOGY
1. History of Microbiology
2. Morphology and Physiology of Bacteria
3. Sterilization and Disinfection
4. Culture Media
5. Culture Methods
6. Laboratory Identification of Bacteria and Taxonomy
7. Bacterial Genetics
8. Genetic Engineering and Molecular Methods
9. Antimicrobial Agents: Therapy and Resistance
10. Microbial Pathogenesis
SECTION II: IMMUNOLOGY
14. Antigen–Antibody Reactions
15. Complement System
16. Structure and Function of Immune System
17. Immune Response
21. Immunology of Transplantation and Malignancy
SECTION III: BACTERIOLOGY
24. Streptococcus and Enterococcus
30. Nonsporing Anaerobes
35. Vibrio, Aeromonas, and Plesiomonas
36. Campylobacter and Helicobacter
37. Pseudomonas, Burkholderia, and Moraxella
38. Haemophilus, Pasteurella, and Actinobacillus
39. Bordetella and Francisella
41. Mycobacterium tuberculosis
42. Nontuberculous Mycobacteria
43. Mycobacterium leprae and Mycobacterium lepraemurium
44. Treponema, Borrelia, and Leptospira
45. Mycoplasma </I
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2012
- 15th January 2012
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: