This practical resource helps readers arrive at an integrated understanding of both general and oral surgery — in one convenient text. A companion to Wray: Textbook of General and Oral Medicine, it provides the basic principles of general surgery and general medicine and a more detailed knowledge of certain areas of these specialties which are related to dentistry or have an influence on the practice of dentistry.
- Covers both general and oral surgery, giving the reader an integrated understanding of both subjects in one book.
- Discusses the basic principles of surgery at a level appropriate for future dentists.
- Provides information on general topics including wound healing and sepsis that is essential for all dentists.
- Gives an understanding of those specialist areas of surgery which have particular relevance to dentistry — including maxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, and management of cleft palate.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of oral surgery.
- Covers anesthesia and sedation techniques.
- Offers clear line diagrams throughout.
PART I: GENERAL SURGERY
A. Basic principles
2. History and examination
3. Wound healing and suture materials
4. Complications of surgery
5. Fluid balance metabolism and nutrition
6. Blood disorders and their management in surgical practice
7. Cross infection control
8. Surgical sepsis
10. General anaesthesia
11. Conscious sedation
B. Specialist surgical principles
12. Maxillofacial trauma
13. Orthognathic surgery
14. Salivary gland surgery
15. Plastic surgery
16. Management of facial clefts
17. Management of orofacial malignancy
18. Otorhinolaryngology (ENT surgery)
20. Temporomandibular joint investigation and surgery
PART II: ORAL SURGERY
22. History and diagnosis
23. Basic oral surgical techniques
24. Local anaesthesia
25. Extraction techniques
26. Complications of extractions
27. Wisdom teeth
28. Cysts of the jaw
29. Periradicular surgery
30. Pre-prosthetic surgery
31. Orthodontics and surgery
32. Other surgical techniques
33. Spread and control of infection
34. Salivary gland diseases
35. Oral surgery in the medically compromised
36. Diseases of bone
37. Dental implants
38. Cryosurgery and laser surgery
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2003
- 4th August 2003
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN: