Stay up to date with the rapidly changing field of medical sonography! Heavily illustrated and extensively updated to reflect the latest developments in the field, Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography, 7th Edition equips you with an in-depth understanding of general/abdominal and obstetric/gynecologic sonography, the two primary divisions of sonography, as well as vascular sonography and echocardiography. Each chapter includes patient history, normal anatomy (including cross-sectional anatomy), ultrasound techniques, pathology, and related laboratory findings, giving you comprehensive insight drawn from the most current, complete information available.
- Full-color presentation enhances your learning experience with vibrantly detailed images.
- Pathology tables give you quick access to clinical findings, laboratory findings, sonography findings, and differential considerations.
- Sonographic Findings highlight key clinical information.
- Key terms and chapter objectives help you study more efficiently.
- Review questions on a companion Evolve website reinforce your understanding of essential concepts.
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF SONOGRAPHY
1. Foundations of Sonography
2. Introduction to Physical Findings, Physiology, and Laboratory Data
3. Essentials of Patient Care for the Sonographer NEW
4. Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Issues in Sonography NEW
5. Understanding Other Imaging Modalities NEW
6. Artifacts in Scanning NEW
Part II: ABDOMEN
7. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Abdominal Cavity
8. Introduction to Abdominal Scanning: Techniques and Protocols
9. The Vascular System
10. The Liver
11. The Gallbladder and the Biliary System
12. The Pancreas
13. The Gastrointestinal Tract
14. The Urinary System
15. The Spleen
16. The Retroperitoneum
17. The Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Wall
18. Abdominal Applications of Ultrasound Contrast
19. Ultrasound-Guided Interventional Techniques
20. Emergent Abdominal Ultrasound Procedures
Part III: SUPERFICIAL STRUCTURES
21. The Breast
22. The Thyroid
23. The Scrotum
24. The Musculoskeletal System
Part IV: NEONATAL AND PEDIATRICS
25. Neonatal Echoencephalography
26. The Pediatric Abdomen: Jaundice and Common Surgical Conditions
27. The Neonatal and Pediatric Kidneys and Adrenal Glands
28. The Neonatal and Pediatric Pelvis
29. The Neonatal Hip
30. The Neonatal Spine
Part V: THE THORACIC CAVITY
31. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Thoracic Cavit
- © Mosby 2012
- 8th June 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Cardiology Department, Supervisor, Echo Lab, Scripps Clinic - Torrey Pines, CA.