- Clear, practical, concise chapters present important information in an easily understandable approach.
- Spiral-bound format enables the book to lay flat for easy reference in the clinical setting or classroom.
- Excellent coverage of wheelchairs and wheelchair management is included.
2. Physiological Effects and Their Initial Management
3. Patient-Centred Practice
4. The Acute Lesion
5. Respiratory Therapy
6. Pressure – Effects and Prevention
7. Initial Physical Re-Education
8. Personal Independence
9. The Bio-Mechanical Principles Used in Transferring
10. Basic Functional Movements
11. Wheelchairs and Wheelchair Management
13. Gait Training
14. Ultra-High Lesions
15. The Incomplete Spinal Lesion
16. Spinal Cord Injury in Children
17. Ageing with Spinal Cord Injury
19. Sport in Rehabilitation
Appendix 1. Standard Neurological Classification of Spinal Cord Injury
Appendix 2. Functional Independence Measure (FIM)
Appendix 3. Spinal Cord Independence Measure
Appendix 4. Major Segmental Innervation of the Muscles of the Upper Limb
Appendix 5. Major segmental innervation of the muscles of the lower limb.
Appendix 6. Functional Independence
Appendix 7. Segmental Innervation of the Skin
Appendix 8. Useful Addresses and Equipment Suppliers