Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Depleted Uranium (DU) as TENR
3. Terrestrial, atmospheric, and aquatic natural radioactivity
4. Cosmic radiation, including its effects on airline crew, frequent flyers, and space travel
5. Metrology and modelling
6. Legal aspects of natural radiation
7. Terrorism and natural radiation
This book on TENR discusses the basic Physics and Chemistry principles of natural radiation. The current knowledge of the biological effects of natural radiation is summarized. A wide variety of topics, from cosmic radiation to atmospheric, terrestrial and aquatic radiation is addressed, including radon, thoron, and depleted uranium. Issues like terrorism and geochronology using natural radiation are also examined.
- Comprehensive global TENR data assembly
- Critical assessment of the significant radiological impact of TENR on man and the environment as compared to radiological impact from man-made sources in nuclear technology and nuclear medicine
- Illustration of the importance of TENR for the future conceptual development of radiation protection
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA), Health Physics Society (HPS), National radiation protection societies, Nuclear regulatory agencies, Organisation for Economic Development and Cooperation (OECD), Mining, Safety and Health Associations
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2010
- 22nd January 2010
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Private Consultant,Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Division of Physics and Biophysics, University of Salzburg, Austria