Get the best results from the latest procedures with Tendon Surgery of the Hand, the only reference that offers comprehensive coverage of this complex and challenging area. World-renowned experts guide you through all of the newest techniques and technologies, equipping you to restore optimal function in your patients. It's your one-stop source for mastering today's best approaches to treating tendon injuries and disorders of the hand.
- Successfully implement hot new repair techniques involving new suture materials, tendon sheath and pulley treatments, vascularized tendon grafts, and recent postoperative rehabilitation methods.
- Improve your primary flexor tendon repair and rehabilitation treatment planning based on surgical and post-surgical care principles that clearly describe successful global methods and protocols.
- Benefit from the collective knowledge and experience of an international group of surgeons, investigators, and therapists who offer unique and insightful techniques and advice.
- See how to perform key techniques with exclusive operative videos online.
- Access the complete contents online at expertconsult.com.
Section 1: BASIC SCIENCE
1 Anatomy of the Tendon Systems in the Hand
2 Tendon Nutrition and Healing
3 Tendon Friction, Lubrication, and Biomechanics of Motion
4 Biomechanics of Core and Peripheral Tendon Repairs
5 Biology and Biomechanics of the Tendon-Bone Insertion
6 Gene Therapy for Tendon Healing
7 Tendon Tissue Engineering and Bioactive Suture Repair
Section 2: PRIMARY FLEXOR TENDON SURGERY
8 Indications for Primary Flexor Tendon Repair
9 Treatment of the Flexor Tendon Sheath and Pulleys
10 Venting of the Major Pulleys
11 The Omega "Ω" Flexor Pulley Plasty
12 Tendon Sheath and Pulley Enlargement
13 Clinical Primary Flexor Tendon Repair and Rehabilitation
A The Bern Experience
B The Chelmsford Experience
C The Mayo Clinic Experience
D The Nantong Experience
E The Singapore Experience
F The Stanford Experience
G The Australian Experience
H The Wellington Experience
14 Partial Tendon Lacerations
15 Flexor Tendon Injuries in Children
16 Primary Repair of the Flexor Pollicis Longus Tendon
17 Treatment of Flexor Tendon Injuries at or Proximal to the Wrist
A Zone 5 Flexor Tendon Repairs
B Methods and Outcomes of Zone 5 Flexor Tendon Repairs
18 Flexor Tendon Repairs With Novel Sutures and Devices
A Mantero’s Technique for Tendon Repair
B Teno Fix for Tendon Repair
19 Treatment of Rupture of Primary Flexor Tendon Repairs
20 Closed Avulsion or Rupture of Flexor Tendons
A Traumatic Avulsion of Flexor Tendons
B Tendon Rupture After Fractures or Carpal Disorders
C Rupture of the Pulleys
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 7th June 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: