Gain a deeper understanding of oral health with the definitive text in oral histology. Written by Dr. Antonio Nanci, a world-renowned leader in cell biology, the new ninth edition of Ten Cate’s Oral Histology covers all the latest research and trends in oral histology, embryology, physiology, oral biology, and postnatal growth and development that is essential to success in oral health! Considered to be the standard in the field, this renowned text uses straightforward explanations and detailed, full-color micrographs, images, and illustrations to help you better understand even the most complex topics.
- Detailed histological and structural images help you differentiate the structures.
- Medical approach to histology helps you understand underlying biological events, and oral tissue repair and regeneration.
- Full-color format helps bring oral histology to life.
- Learning resources on the Evolve website include multiple-choice review questions with instant feedback, and interactive drag-and-drop exercises.
1. Structure of the Oral Tissues
2. General Embryology
3. Embryology of the Head, Face, and Oral Cavity
4. Cytoskeleton, Cell Junctions, Fibroblasts, and Extracellular Matrixes
5. Development of the Tooth and Its Supporting Tissues
7. Enamel: Composition, Formation, and Structure
8. Dentin-Pulp Complex
10. Physiologic Tooth Movement: Eruption and Shedding
11. Salivary Glands
12. Oral Mucosa
13. Temporomandibular Joint
14. Facial growth and development
15. Repair and Regeneration of Oral Tissues
- © Elsevier 2018
- 15th August 2017
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada