What will be new for the second edition?
· New material on biomechanics, braces, sleeves, shoes, quick taping techniques for 'on the pitch treatment', taping for muscle imbalance, psychological aspects of taping and proprioceptive taping
· New expert contributors with international reputations, eg Jenny McConnell
· Delete sections on first aid and the history of taping, together with rarely used techniques and replace with more up to date techniques.
· There are 30 new illustrations with existing figures improved and shaded
· 10 new photographs
- Concise and easy-to-understand, this text is an effective teaching tool for any kind of practitioner.
- The content is thorough and comprehensive, covering all aspects of functional taping.
- In the constantly growing and ever-changing world of sports medicine, this book will keep the reader more up-to-date with new developments in their field.
Introduction; The history of taping; Foot types, mechanics and therapy; The taping literature; Ankle; Tendo-achilles; Foot; Knee; Shoulder girdle; Elbow; Hand and wrist; Stretch tape; Spicas; First aid; Index
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2004
- 7th September 2004
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Consultant in Sports Physiotherapy, Former Director, Sports Injury Centre, Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, London, UK