Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Tailor-Made Polysaccharides in Drug Delivery provides extensive details on all the vital precepts, basics and fundamental aspects of tailored polysaccharides in the pharmaceutical and biotechnological industry for understanding and developing high quality products. The book offers a comprehensive resource to understand the potential of the materials in forming new drug delivery methods. It will be useful to pharmaceutical scientists, chemical engineers, and regulatory scientists and students actively involved in pharmaceutical product and process development of tailored-made polysaccharides in drug delivery applications.
The utilization of natural polymeric excipients in numerous healthcare applications demand the replacement of the synthetic polymers with the natural ones due to their biocompatibility, biodegradability, economic extraction and readily availability. The reality behind the rise in importance of these natural materials is that these sources are renewable if grown in a sustainable means and they can tender incessant supply of raw materials. Amongst these natural polymers, polysaccharides are considered as excellent excipients because of its non-toxic, stable, biodegradable properties. Several research innovations have been made on applications of polysaccharides in drug delivery.
- Provides methodologies for the design, development and selection of tailor-made, natural polysaccharides in drug delivery for particular therapeutic applications
- Includes illustrations that demonstrate the mechanism of biological interaction of tailor-made polysaccharides
- Discusses the regulatory aspects and demonstrates the clinical efficacy of tailor-made polysaccharides
Postgraduate students, postdoctoral research fellows, pharmaceutical scientists including industrial pharmacists and analytical scientists, chemical engineers and regulatory scientists actively involved in drug delivery and process development of polymers for drug delivery
- Synthesis of tailor-made polysaccharides: An overview
2. Carboxymethylated polysaccharides in drug delivery
3. Thiolated polysaccharides in drug delivery
4. Esterified polysaccharides in drug delivery
5. Cross-linked polysaccharides in drug delivery
6. Grafted polysaccharides in drug delivery
7. Polysaccharide-based interpenetrating polymeric network systems in drug delivery
8. Polysaccharide-based polyelectrolyte complex systems in drug delivery
9. Modified alginates in drug delivery
10. Modified chitosan in drug delivery
11. Tailored plant gums and mucilages in drug delivery
12. Uses of tailor-made plant starches in drug delivery
13. Cancer targeting by using tailor-made polysaccharides
14. Delivery of gene and growth factors using tailor-made polysaccharides
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2022
- 1st September 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Amit Kumar Nayak is Associate Professor at Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Odisha, India. He has earned his PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences from IFTM University, Moradabad, U.P., India. He has over 10 years of research experience in the field of pharmaceutics, especially in the development and characterization of polymeric composites, hydrogels, novel and nanostructured drug delivery systems. To date, he has authored over 120 publications in various high impact peer-reviewed journals and 72 book chapters to his credit. He has been the permanent reviewer of many international journals of high repute. He also has participated and presented his research work at several conferences in India and is a life member of the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI).
Associate Professor, Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Odisha, India
Dr. Md Saquib Hasnain has over 10 years of research experience in the field of drug delivery and pharmaceutical formulation. He has contributed to over 40 publications in various high-impact peer-reviewed journals, 80 book chapters, and 10 books. He also serves as the associate editorial board member of the Recent Patent on Drug Delivery & Formulation journal.
Researcher, Department of Pharmacy, Shri Venkateshwara University, Gajraula, U.P., India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.