The Fifth Edition of this book is a must-have for all undergraduate medical students as it prepares them for both theory and viva-voce examinations. It is also useful for paramedical, dental, homeopathy and ayurveda students, besides those preparing for PG entrance examinations. It covers entire syllabus of physiology laid down by the Medical Council of India and health universities across the country.
- Systemize presentation of text in Question-Answer format helps in revision and self-assessment before examination
- Extensively revised, updated, and strengthened to keep up with the latest changes in the standard books of physiology
- Thoroughly revised topics like blood; nerve and muscle; cardiovascular system; and central nervous system
- Large number of diagrams, tables and flowcharts to facilitate quick learning and greater retention of knowledge
Preface to the Fifth Edition
Preface to the First Edition
1. The Cell and General Physiology
4. Digestion and Absorption
5. Excretory System
6. Temperature Regulation
7. Respiratory System
8. Special Senses
11. Nerve and Muscle
12. Cardiovascular System
13. Central Nervous System
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2014
- 22nd August 2014
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor and Head, Department of Physiology, Dr DY Patil Medical College, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, India. Formerly she was Professor of Physiology, Seth GS Medical College, Parel, Mumbai. India.
Professor of Physiology, Department of Physiology, Dr DY Patil Medical College, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, India.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.