Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Introduction; Digital Test Architectures; Fault-Tolerant Design; SOC/NOC Test Architectures; SIP Test Architectures; Delay Testing; Low-Power Testing; Coping with Physical Failures, Soft Errors, and Reliability Issues; Design for Manufacturability and Yield; Design for Debug and Diagnosis; Software-Based Self-Testing; FPGA Testing; MEMS Testing; High-Speed I/O Interface; Analog and Mixed-Signal Test Architectures; RF Testing; Testing Aspects of Nanotechnology Trends.
Modern electronics testing has a legacy of more than 40 years. The introduction of new technologies, especially nanometer technologies with 90nm or smaller geometry, has allowed the semiconductor industry to keep pace with the increased performance-capacity demands from consumers. As a result, semiconductor test costs have been growing steadily and typically amount to 40% of today's overall product cost.
This book is a comprehensive guide to new VLSI Testing and Design-for-Testability techniques that will allow students, researchers, DFT practitioners, and VLSI designers to master quickly System-on-Chip Test architectures, for test debug and diagnosis of digital, memory, and analog/mixed-signal designs.
- Emphasizes VLSI Test principles and Design for Testability architectures, with numerous illustrations/examples.
- Most up-to-date coverage available, including Fault Tolerance, Low-Power Testing, Defect and Error Tolerance, Network-on-Chip (NOC) Testing, Software-Based Self-Testing, FPGA Testing, MEMS Testing, and System-In-Package (SIP) Testing, which are not yet available in any testing book.
- Covers the entire spectrum of VLSI testing and DFT architectures, from digital and analog, to memory circuits, and fault diagnosis and self-repair from digital to memory circuits.
- Discusses future nanotechnology test trends and challenges facing the nanometer design era; promising nanotechnology test techniques, including Quantum-Dots, Cellular Automata, Carbon-Nanotubes, and Hybrid Semiconductor/Nanowire/Molecular Computing.
- Practical problems at the end of each chapter for students.
Practitioners/Researchers in VLSI Design and Testing; Design or Test Engineers, as well as research institutes.
- No. of pages:
- © Morgan Kaufmann 2008
- 20th November 2007
- Morgan Kaufmann
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Laung-Terng Wang, Ph.D., is founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of SynTest Technologies, CA. He received his EE Ph.D. degree from Stanford University. A Fellow of the IEEE, he holds 18 U.S. Patents and 12 European Patents, and has co-authored/co-edited two internationally used DFT textbooks- VLSI Test Principles and Architectures (2006) and System-on-Chip Test Architectures (2007).
SynTest Technologies, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Auburn University, Auburn, AL, U.S.A.
University of Texas, Austin, TX, U.S.A.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.