Great for students and professionals, this portable reference offers a complete understanding of suture and hemostasis relating to surgical procedures. Its spiral binding and full-color photos and illustrations make it easy to find the appropriate suture materials and related information needed for any surgical procedure.
- Small, spiral-bound format offers easy access in any clinical setting.
- Descriptions of suture knots and step-by-step images of different types of stitches provide excellent instruction and are great for review.
- Over 200 full-color illustrations with brief descriptions help readers clearly identify suture materials appropriate for specific surgical procedures.
- A discussion of hemostasis is provided to give readers a full understanding of wounds and wound healing and when and why certain types of suture material should be used.
- Summary-at-a-glance charts and tables synthesize category descriptions and key information for quick reference.
- Key terms, abbreviations, and definitions are provided as a quick-reference glossary.
2. Wound Healing
3. Principles of Suturing
4. Suture Material and Packaging
5. Accessory Suture Devices
7. Surgical Staples
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2006
- 17th March 2006
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Program Coordinator, Surgical Technology Program, Oakland Community College, Southfield, MI